BreeAnna Stegall | Feb 28, 2019 | 0
Let’s Talk: FREE Runaway Prevention Curriculum
The folks over at Runaway Prevention Safeline are offering a FREE 14-module life skills curriculum. The curriculum includes interactive lessons, a script for the facilitator, all worksheets, and lesson post-tests to check for learning of the material.
Target group: 12-18 year old
The goals of the program are to:
- Build life skills.
- Increase knowledge about runaway resources and prevention.
- Educate about alternatives to running away.
- Encourage youth to access and seek help from trusted community members.
Number of Sessions: 14 – 45 minute lessons
The 14 lessons focus on the following topics:
- Communication & Listening
- Adolescent Development
- Personal Influence
- Family Roles & Responsibilities
- Runaway Reality
- National Safe Connections
- Community Response & Responsibility
- Anger Management
- Stress Reduction
- Drugs & Alcohol
- Sexuality & Sexual Orientation
- Internet Safety
- Future Life Planning